Vista Gardens Memory Care Programs have been designed by memory care professionals under the leadership of Gerontologist Dr. Jacqueline L. DuPont Carlson. Dr. DuPont Carlson is widely known for her expertise in the memory care field, with an emphasis on Alzheimer’s disease. She meets with our nurses and doctors to review Residents’ conditions, as well as visiting with Residents and their families.
Our Care Program is based on the most current research and education in the field of aging, including dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, mild cognitive impairment (MCI), Parkinson’s disease, diabetes, and nephrology. There is no way to stay totally up-to-date, because the knowledge base, studies, and medical advancements are moving fast. We are constantly working with the Alzheimer’s Association to stay up-to-date on the latest research.
Our caregivers work as a team to provide intelligent and compassionate care for our Residents. Through continuous training, we empower our employees with the skills, knowledge, and tools to give the best care possible.
Vista Gardens offers a “full care” program, which includes regular visits from physicians, dentists, podiatrists, optometrists, and psychiatrist. Physical therapists work with our Residents based on doctors’ orders, and we have LVN’s on staff who can administer insulin injections. When needed, Vista Gardens works closely with hospice companies and has a hospice waiver for up to 25 patients.
Our Program includes:
- Extensive Pre-Admission Assessment
- Licensed Nurses available 7 days a week
- Dispensing of medications
- Daily Charting of Condition
- Detailed Monthly Care Plan sent to Family
- Urinary Tract Infection Prevention Program
- Fall Prevention and Monitor Program
- Psychiatric Behavior Modification Plan
- Diabetes and Nephrology Care
- Massage and Hydrotherapy
- VisionLink™ Wireless Nurse Call System
- Electronic Record System
- Home Health and Physical Therapy Contracted Assistance