About Our Facility
Vista Gardens Memory Care is a family owned and operated, 100% Memory Care, assisted living facility. Our state-of-the-art memory care facility provides for the well-being of your loved one in an innovative, safe, and secure environment.
Located on 5-acres of beautifully landscaped property in the foothills of Vista, California, we serve all of North San Diego county including Carlsbad, Rancho Santa Fe, Encinitas, Oceanside, Vista, San Marcos and Escondido.
Our senior care services are personalized for each of our community members to enhance their quality of life and to provide you, their family, with peace of mind.
Based on the latest memory research, our programs incorporate art, music, and exercise, along with the health benefit of being outdoors. With first–hand knowledge of how family members and friends are affected by memory issues (including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s-related dementia, and mild cognitive impairment), we created a special and unique community that treats everyone with the highest respect and dignity.
We provide a private dining room for family celebrations, an intergenerational playground area, and classes to enlighten and educate. You will often find our active residents either enjoying a cognitive group game called the Breakfast club or on our resort patio enjoying the sun while listening to entertaining music. Our property encompassing courtyards, walking paths, gardens, comfortable sitting areas, and activity areas.
Our Garden level is designed for older adults with memory loss who have late-stage dementia and need more care and includes a high caregiver ratio to ensure each resident received the utmost care.
Activities for Seniors
Benefits of Vista Gardens
As a privately owned and operated senior living Memory Care community, Vista Gardens offers the following unique and "one of a kind" programs and services.
- Geriatric Psychiatrist~Medical Director
- Two visiting Geriatricians
- Gerontologist on Staff
- Weekly Live and Interactive Cooking classes
- Our famous “Breakfast club” Daily MCI cognitive and mind exercise group
- Cognitive care solutions: LCSW with one on one Cognitive therapy
- Outings two-three days a week
- Many full time nurses on staff including: A Director of Nursing, a Resident Care Coordinator and a Staff Developer
- Diabetic Insulin Care 24 hours a day
- Three levels of Care: MCI, Mild to Moderate level and Late stage Program.
- Monthly Resident Council Meeting
- Activities, Activities, and more Activities: Four full-time Activity Programmers
- "Night time" Activity Program
- Tranquility Room: Massage trained staff
- Garden~harvest program
- Spiritual Program: Over ten religious affiliates visit our tranquil Chapel on a regular basis.
- Farm to Table Garden Program
- Pet Therapy
- Pet Friendly
Dr. Jacqueline DuPont, Executive Director and Harry Crowell, Managing Member of Vista Gardens Memory Care talk about the great changes coming for Vista Gardens and their time together managing the facility.
The Value of Staffing Longevity in Memory Care Facilities
More on the Vista Garden’s Program
- Extensive Pre-Admission Assessment
- Licensed Nurses available 7 days a week
- Dispensing of medications
- Daily Charting of Condition (See Our Resident Care Check List)
- Detailed Monthly Care Plan sent to Family
- Urinary Tract infection Monitoring Program
- Stability and Falls Education
- Psychiatric Behavior Modification Plan
- Diabetes and Nephrology Care
- Massage and Hydrotherapy
- VisionLink™ Wireless Nurse Call System
- Electronic Record System
- Home Health and Physical Therapy Contracted Assistance
- HELO - Health Monitor Device (EKG, BP, GPS etc)
- "DocuSign" electronic communication for our families
- Over 200 Cameras on Site