Vista Gardens Philosophy and Mission
Vista Gardens Memory Care is a family owned and operated, 100% Memory Care, assisted living facility. Located in the ranch foothills of Vista, California, we primarily serve the North San Diego county communities of Encinitas, Carlsbad, Rancho Santa Fe, Oceanside, Vista, San Marcos and Escondido. We have designed a memory care facility that provides for the well-being of your loved one in an innovative, safe, and secure environment. Our senior care services are personalized for each of our community members to enhance their quality of life and to provide you, their family, with peace of mind. There are no “No’s” in our care team’s vocabulary.
With nearly five acres encompassing courtyards, walking paths, gardens, comfortable sitting areas, and activity areas, family and friends are always welcome to join in our Community life. We provide a private dining room for family celebrations, an intergenerational playground area, and classes to enlighten and educate. You will often find our active residents either in an enjoyable cognitive game group called the Breakfast club or on our resort patio enjoying the sun while listening to entertaining music.
We not only have 24-hour nursing, but we believe in providing many nurses per shift. Our Garden level is designed for older adults with memory loss who have late stage dementia and need more care. It has a high staff ratio of one caregiver for every 4-5 residents.
We know first–hand how our family members and friends have been affected by memory issues (including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s-related dementia, and mild cognitive impairment). We created a special and unique community that treats everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve. Our programs are based on the latest memory research — incorporating art, music, and exercise, along with the health benefit of being outdoors, to awaken the senses.
We would love to show you around, tours are available daily.
Upon visiting Vista Gardens you will tour the very unique and Congressionally recognized, Reagan Library.
First Lady, Nancy Reagan approved and was delighted to give permission to Vista Gardens Chairman, Harry Crowell to design and honor our 40th President of the United States.
The library is filled with a wonderful literary collection as well as Reagan Family Memorabilia. You will also see that the Official Reagan library has dedicated the Vista Gardens Reagan library to all who are afflicted with memory loss and their families.
Our Residents adore this library, you will see our residents organizing our book collection, as well as many classes being led in the library such as, our morning breakfast club, our family support group and many card and bingo games. The Reagan family is thrilled with the library’s use.
The Vista Gardens Program
- Extensive Pre-Admission Assessment
- Licensed Nurses available 7 days a week
- Dispensing of medications
- Daily Charting of Condition
- Detailed Monthly Care Plan sent to Family
- Urinary Tract infection Monitoring Program
- Fall Prevention and Monitor Program
- Psychiatric Behavior Modification Plan
- Diabetes and Nephrology Care
- Massage and Hydrotherapy
- VisionLink™ Wireless Nurse Call System
- Fall Prevention Tool: Safe Wander "as seen on NBC"
- Electronic Record System
- Home Health and Physical Therapy Contracted Assistance
- HELO - Health Monitor Device (EKG, BP, GPS etc)
Benefits of Vista Gardens
As a privately owned and operated senior living Memory Care community, Vista Gardens offers the following unique and "one of a kind" programs and services.
- Geriatric Psychiatrist~Medical Director
- Two visiting Geriatricians
- Gerontologist on Staff
- Weekly Live and Interactive Cooking classes
- Our famous “Breakfast club” Daily MCI cognitive and mind exercise group
- Cognitive care solutions: LCSW with one on one Cognitive therapy
- Outings four days a week
- 24 hour nursing with Licensed Nurses
- Diabetic Insulin Care 24 hours a day
- Three levels of Care: MCI, Mild to Moderate level and Late stage Program.
- Monthly Resident Council Meeting
- Activities, Activities, and more Activities: Four full-time Activity Programmers
- Bingo Every Night!
- Tranquility Room: Massage trained staff
- Garden~harvest program
- Spiritual Program: Over ten religious affiliates visit our tranquil Chapel on a regular basis.
- Farm to Table Garden Program
- Pet Therapy
- Pet Friendly